Job Summary: The focus of the role is to generate interest in fostering across the local community to help generate enquiries and will require coordination, engagement and recruitment of Foster Carers within the Agency’s targeted areas of operation.
Office Location: Managing the Southeast region – predominantly Essex and Kent with hybrid office working.
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Contract Type: Full-time, Permanent
PRIMARY FOCUS: To Safeguard and Protect Children’s Welfare
Safeguarding: Our organisation acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and OFSTED requirements.
Equality & Diversity: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any protected criteria.
Established in 2013, at Affinity Fostering we help people become Foster Farers for children across the Southeast and in Lincolnshire. With thousands of young people placed in care every year, it's our job to find them a safe, stable home to grow in. Ofsted have rated us as Outstanding since our inception. We have a brilliant reputation for being focused on the children’s needs and quality of support we provide to our Foster Carers.
We have a new vacancy for a Fostering Recruitment Officer, which will be a new key role within the business, inspiring people to consider fostering. As part of the role, you will be responsible for contacting initial enquires, undertaking initial visits making initial assessments on the suitability of the applicants and assisting the applicant’s journey to becoming an approved Foster Carer.
We are looking for someone who is driven, ambitious and excited by the chance to contribute to Affinity Fostering’s growth plans.
As a Fostering Recruitment Officer, you will be able to manage your own diary and will need to be highly organised, able to engage with diverse audiences and deliver against targets.
Roles and responsibilities:
· Responding to enquiries via telephone, email, website and monitoring Live Chat function on our website
· Scheduling and conducting initial visits to applicants
· Maintaining up to date and accurate recruitment data
· Assisting with obtaining onboarding documents
· Co-hosting and organising applicant information sessions
· Assist with recruitment ideas, strategies and applicant experience
· Attending team meetings
· Assist with ad hoc requests, including the review and analysis of recruitment metrics to inform future Initiatives
· Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
· Experience of delivering results and achieving targets
· Confident communicator who can demonstrate empathy and listening skills
· Able to work independently and can also work as part of a team
· Desire to deliver a consistently high standard and engaging applicant experience
· Competent in the use of IT software and Microsoft packages
You will be required to undertake initial visits to applicants and therefore have the ability to travel and access to a vehicle. Due to the require to travel, you will receive mileage reimbursement at 40p per mile.
Standard workings hours are 9:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday however you will be required to be flexible, depending on the availability of the applicants when undertaking initial visits and therefore you will be able to work flexibly.
Due to the nature of this role and the commitment of Affinity Fostering Services to protect and promote the welfare of children and young people, the post will require an enhanced DBS check to be completed.
Ideal but not necessary:
Please send your CV and covering email to Karen.email@example.com
Let us know the best time for us to call you and we'll schedule an appointment.